The Winkler Flyers will travel to the Yellowhead Centre in Neepawa on Friday, September 23rd to kick off their 60 game regular season schedule. The Manitoba Junior Hockey League unveiled their 2016-2017 regular season schedule on Wednesday, which will also see the Flyers host the Natives on September 24th in their home opener.
The Orange and Black are gearing up for their 36th season in the MJHL and are coming off their best season in years. Winkler finished the 2015-2016 regular season with the third best record in the league (42-13-5), and were one win away from advancing to the MJHL championship series. With a number of key players returning for another season, we should be in for another exciting season of Winkler Flyers hockey.
Regular season tickets and season passes will be available August 2nd. More details to come.
- 29 home games and 29 road games with two games played at the MJHL Showcase in Winnipeg on December 13th and 14th.
- 7 of their first 10 games on the road.
- Longest stretch of road games is four, from September 30th to October 9th.
- A total of five, three game home stands (October 18th, 21st and 22nd) (November 15th, 18th and 20th) (January 20th, 22nd, and 24th) (January 31st, February 3rd and 4th) (February 28th, March 3rd and 4th)
- Busiest day of the week is Friday and Saturday (15 games each)
- Month with the most home games (November – 7)
- Month with the most road games (October – 7)
- Christmas Break is from December 19th to January 3rd.