Winkler Flyers – HEAD COACH
March 13th, 2019
The Winkler Flyers Hockey Club, a proud member of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, invites applications for the full-time position of Head Coach.
The Winkler Flyers are looking for a coach who:
- Has demonstrated success at a high level of coaching previously.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Is committed to developing each player on the team so he can be successful at the next level of competition.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and encourages feedback from players, coaching staff and management.
- Can work collaboratively with the General Manager, Assistant Coaches and other team staff in developing, promoting and accomplishing team goals.
- Brings sound knowledge of structure, systems and concepts that are appropriate for a successful Junior A team.
- Possesses or is willing to obtain High Performance 1 Certification and Respect in Sport Certification.
- Has developed a strong reputation for successfully recruiting, developing and promoting players Junior A calibre players in the past.
- Has demonstrated a high level of integrity in the past when dealing with players, parents, fellow coaches, referees, fans and team management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all duties normally associated with the job of a Head Coach of a Junior A hockey team including, but not limited to the following:
- Working jointly with General Manager in recruiting and selecting a full roster of high quality Junior A caliber players.
- Planning and conducting all on-ice try-out camps, practices, games and off-ice
- Developing practice and game plans which promote the teaching of appropriate offensive, defensive and special team systems and related skills.
- Utilizing all available game analysis software to correct, reinforce and motivate players.
- Developing and implementing a team/player development program which fosters the growth of athletic and personal skills of all team members via skill work, analysis, regular evaluation and feedback.
- Overseeing the enforcement of player rules, regulations and team policies including disciplinary standards for all on and off ice conduct.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative, supportive, and professional relationships with area and league teams.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional reputation among all external agencies (league staff, opposing teams, visiting and host hotels, referee group, sponsors, minor hockey partners, opposing team fans and support staff, etc.
- Serving as a representative consistent with the values and standards of the Winkler Flyers when conducting meetings with parents, families, social clubs, media, fans and league officials.
- Overseeing the Annual Winkler Flyer Summer Hockey School.
- Performing Community Outreach and making public relations appearances as requested from time to time.
- Performing additional duties as directed by the team management from time to time.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically as well as any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org before March 22nd, 2019.